This past weekend was a great weekend for Chris and I. We happened to be very productive and got alot accomplished once we finally sat down Sunday night.
Friday I picked up our backsplash tile which will be this weekends little project. I also went flower shopping with my mom. We were able to pick out some great flowers for our front yard to liven things up a bit. Chris and I stayed in Friday night and worked on installing our wood floors.Chris is doing such a great job, pictures to follow.
Saturday we woke up and cooked breakfast in our beautiful new kitchen! P.S. We are really enjoying it! We layed a few more rows of flooring and then headed out for the day, or so we thought...
Chris had heard about a festival down at White Rock Lake, they were going to have music, pets for adoption, food, etc. So we packed Ty into the car and headed down to grab a bite to eat before hand. We stopped by Texadelphia, one of Chris' favorite places to eat and ate lunch on the patio with Ty. As we were sitting there on the patio the rain began to pour and I mean pour. We hopped into the car and thought there is no way the festival is still on like it said online. We headed back home, so we basically took a 30 minute road trip down to the Texadelphia off of Lovers when there's one right up the street from us. The rain was crazy, I could barely see. We were racing the hail home basically. It's crazy the number of hail threats we've had since we got our car. I guess that's what we get for buying in the spring. We made it home right before the torential down pour. We just plopped on the sofa and relaxed for the rest of the afternoon.
It happened to be our friend Brice's birthday so we ended up going out to eat and then made a few other stops. We ate at Matt's in Lakewood which was really good.It was a fun night, good friends, good conversations.
Sunday we woke up and started the flooring process again. My parents were going to stop by later in the afternoon, mostly to see how things looked and to help me organize my flower beds. I was starting to take the plants out to the front yard as Chris was laying glue down...(bad idea)I should have seen it coming the minute I walked out the front door, Ty ran to the door to come out with me, even though I told him not to. In doing so got glue all over his feet and the new wood floors. Ahhhh... all I heard was Chris yelling "TY... NOOOOOOO..."I knew exactly what had happend the minute I shut the door. So we got all of the glue cleaned up but Ty still has a bad case of sticky paw.
My mom helped me plant all of my flowers, which look great if I do say so myself. It took no time at all, maybe 15 minutes because my mom's a pro.I am excited to see how they look once they all bloom. Who knew I had such a green thumb, now I hope I can keep them alive!
Overall it was a great weekend full of fun, and now I am counting down until this weekend begins.
No comments:
Post a Comment