Wednesday, October 6, 2010

A week of firsts

We had a lot of firsts this week at our place...

This week was the first week that Hayden knew how to roll from her back to her stomach. So we have a little rollie-pollie on our hands. She's keeping me on my toes, that's for sure.

This was the first week for Hayden to try solids. So far we’ve conquered squash on the list… check. Next on the list carrots and sweet potatoes. YUM-O

This was the first week Hayden went to the Dallas Arboretum, a place special to my heart since Chris and I got married there. I can’t wait for next year when she can experience the face painting and petting zoo.

This was the first week Hayden got to experience the pumpkin patch and the one and only Pumpkin Village at DAB. We got some great pictures even though she isn’t quite sitting up on her own + she hated the hay all of the pumpkins were sitting on. Something about pokey straw in the diaper I guess. Didn’t think about that one.

This was the first week we got to try on some of Hayden’s winter wardrobe… let me just say, too cute…thanks GG.

Believe it or not but this was the first week we actually hung/decorated a little in our newly renovated house. I know it’s been a while since we moved in and got things put together, but I wanted everything to be set up and perfect before I poked holes in the walls. Now I await the completion of our fireplace so I can decorate the mantle. I have such a great and hard working husband.

This was the first week for me to sign up for a women’s retreat through our church. It’s called Steadfast Love and it sounds like it will be a great opportunity for rejuvenation. Check out the website for more info… www.thevillagechurch.net/retreats

This was the first week where I felt I had a few spare moments to be crafty... searching for something to keep my creative juices flowing. Still searching, but have found a ton of cute ideas from other bloggers and of course www.etsy.com


No comments: