Friday, October 31, 2008

U2 Culture & Theology


I am couple of weeks behind in my blogging… so here we go…

A couple of Friday’s ago the Village had a Culture & Theology get together. Our church has recently being having get togethers to discuss topics concerning Culture & Theology. This session was about U2, and it went in depth about the artists, their faith, their words, and their music and how something so culture driven can be so spiritual and an inspiration to many. It was an amazing night, the church was able to make it seem like a concert with strobes, smoke, and the whole sha-bang. (All we were missing was Bono and  “The Edge”. We walked into the sanctuary taken aback with red strobe lights going off and lasers on the ceiling. We had a great time learning about the men that make up U2 and their stories, inspirations, and heartbreaks. It was so neat to go line by line through some of their songs and see where they pulled their inspiration from, some happened to be Psalms others about their homeland history. We got the chance to watch some of their concert videos from the Super Bowl, their 911 tribute, and more. They are an amazing band, one that Chris and I would love to go see in concert. They seem like the type of artists that make their concert a experience and a show. I told Chris it would be worth signing up and paying to be on their  fan club list so we could find out when they are playing here in the US. Just a thought.. anyways it was so crazy to think that these musicians have been playing music since before I was born, yet I enjoy and know most all of their songs. Can’t wait to see what the church’s next Culture and Theology get together will be about.

No comments: