Friday, February 6, 2009

Our Rollie Pollie

Our little rollie pollie left us this past week. We had been changing his food, and giving him medicine for the past month trying to figure out why he was losing weight and not feeling well. Chris took him in while I headed off to Washington D.C. for a business trip. I know impeccable timing right. The doctors went in to see if they could find anything (at this time we knew nothing) and sure enough they found a stomach ulcer. (This is what has caused all of Toby's upset stomach aches) They then went in to try to see if they could mend it and sadly they found cancer had taken over his liver and small intestine. The vet had mentioned it would be best to just leave him under, due to the cancer's strength and his young age, if we would have fought through it all Toby would have just starved himself to death and we didn't want that. We will miss him, he truly was a gift from God. He was a member of our family and like my child, since we don't have any yet. It's so sad to think that we only were blessed with him for 2 years, but we have so many amazing memories with this little guy. His brother misses him dearly as do we. In thinking about him and all of his qualities and his little personality these are the memories that come to my mind:
  • We would always call him Frog Dog cause he would always lay down and sprawl out his legs like a frog.

  • He loved his food, thus the nick name rollie pollie. (because all of his rolls)

  • I always enjoyed it when he would pounce at you or a toy. He would always pounce and crawl on us before we went to bed, or in Chris case on Saturday mornings to get him up.

  • He was the best cuddler ever, just a sweet love bug.

  • I loved it when he ca-plopped, trying to do it like brother. Its a thing they do. It always made my day becauase it was never as graceful as Ty's.

  • He could always out run Ty even though he would always run in the Grass.

  • He loved squeaker toys as soon as he learned how to make them squeak.

  • His own little toots would always surprise him... gross and cute all at the same time.

  • Whenever Ty and my sisters dogs would start playing/fighting he would always be the referee barking "fight! fight!" too cute...

  • He always watched me get ready in the mornings and waited for me to finish up to go play in the back yard. I really miss that...

  • After a while he learned to shake, high five, and dance with papa. I mean he would do anything for a treat!
  • He loved being outside and chasing those rabbits.

I know I have left a million things out, but moving on...We all loved him so much and I'm so thankful for him while we had him. I wanted to thank those who have been praying for him for the past couple of weeks and months. I really appreciate. Here's to our rollie pollie...

3 comments:

Amy said...

We are so sorry! We know you both really loved your dogs! We love you guys!

Jesus Loves My Tattoos said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jesus Loves My Tattoos said...

We understand the love for a pet! Our hearts and thoughts are with yall!