Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The Shackelford Bobsled Team

So yesterday was a crazy weather day in our neck of the woods. We both made it home safe and sound and Chris even managed to run a mile with Ty before the storms hit. We were going about our business and eating our dinner and watching one of our new shows Chopped on the Food Network. When suddenly we get a call from Chris' mom and she says and I paraphrase "Are you guys watching the news, there is a tornado heading right towards you" We had absolutley no clue what was happening around us, then once we hung up with her the sirens started to go off.

Here is some background... I'm from Texas so when the sirens go off I go to a closet or the bathtub, but oh not my husband, being raised in Okalhoma he is looking out the windows trying to see if he can actually see the thing or for that matter outside trying to get a sneak peek. Anyways I hop into the bath tub with some blankets and grab Ty. Ty doesn't like the bathtub so he didn't hop in no matter how hard I tried to coerce him into getting in. Finally Chris came into the bathroom and sat in the bathtub with me. Even though he left the bathroom door open... I was thinking to myself now how is that going to help protect us if the door is wide open... Anyways we sat there in the bathtub like we were the bobsled team, right behind each other for a while. I have taken many things from this experience but most importantly I think we need a bigger bathtub... I couldn't imagine fitting kids in there with us if it ever comes to that.

Finally the siren stopped and so of course Chris is hopping out of the tub going to look out the window and to check the news. It made a swift change of course up to the northern part of town. Pure craziness...

We hope that all of our friends and family are safe up in Edmond, heard it was crazy up there with tornadoes at 15th and Broadway. We were thinking of you yesterday. Hope all is well.

No comments: