Thursday, May 21, 2009

Trip to Houston




Well we had yet another trip to Houston last weekend, there was a conglomeration of things to celebrate. I still had to give Val her gift for Mother's Day, Grant had his baby dedication, and Val and Justin's 6th Anniversary was this past weekend.

Chris and I headed down on Friday night and actually got there at a decent time and avoided the chaos that is Houston traffic. Funny thing... we were driving and saw all of these signs for wild flower areas. The sign said " Wild Flower Area... No Mowing" Well right beside the sign were two tractor mowers and mowing clippings. We both thought of that email going around "FAILED". Anyways we had a fun time riding down there. We were able to spend Friday night with Val and Justin before all of the parents came down for the weekend. We had a great time cathing up.

Saturday we just hung out and played Wii for most of the day. Justin got us hooked on a game called Boom Blox Bash, it was super fun, I think I'm addicted. Got the chance to play with the little guy some too, he has his first tooth coming in so he was more cranky than usual. Mom and Dad got there right after dinner time, so we just hung out for a while.

Sunday we went to Bedside Baptist, well we watched the video service of Val and Justin's church. Grant got to open up some of his gifts before we headed down to the church for the dedication ceremony. He's a little reader, I tell ya... I was reading to him and he already knows how to turn the pages. What a good helper. We had to be at the church early that afternoon for the baby dedication so we loaded up and headed down. The ceremony was short, simple, and sweet; which is always a good thing with so many little ones in the same room. If one started crying, talking, or making noises they all started. We had to head back home early since we had to work on Monday while the grandparents stayed and enjoyed a nice dinner and some more of Grant.

Thanks Val and Justin for a great weekend. Hope to see you soon.

No comments: