Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Artsy Fartsy

Have you heard about all of the amazing exibitions here in town. King Tut at the DMA, Art & Love in Renaissance Italy, Frida Kahol and a special artpiece of Michaleangelos all at the Kimbell. It looks like I have a few places to go on my Fridays off. I need to go to King Tut soon since as the radio hosts say it "Come May 17th King Tut returns to Egypt FOREVER, get your tickets now..." I hear it every morning on my way to work and how long has the exhibit been here and I still haven't gone to see it. Time has gotten away from me. I am excited to experience the Tut exhibit. Alot of my co-workers saw it in 83 or 84 when it was here last and they said I must go see it.

I am really excited to make a trip out to the Kimbell to see all of the Early Renaissance pieces. I studied alot of these pieces in my Art History courses, and it is so neat to actually see them in person.

Here's the Kimbell Art Museum link in reference to one of Michelandelo's earliest pieces at the Kimbell.

https://www.kimbellart.org/Index.aspx

I'm looking forward to some artsy fartsy outings this next month.

No comments: