


Now you might be asking why in the world are all of these random photos shown above...
This past weekend we headed up to OKC to spend some time with Meghan and Dan. We headed up there after work, and of course I was starving by the time we got in that neck of the woods. We meet Meghan and Dan and their friends Gabe and Megan at Sushi-Neko. It was this fun little hole in the wall that served sushi of course. We really enjoy going to new places and trying new things, I was just thankful the waitress offered me a fork. Nothings worse than being really hungry and not being able to get the roll in your mouth. Let's just say me and the chopsticks don't get along too well. Chris and I tried the Spider Rolls and the Red Dragon rolls, both were really tasty and beautiful on the plate. We sat out on the patio which was great, OKC was about 20+/- degrees cooler than Dallas. After we finished up at the restaurant Meghan and Dan took us to this fun place called Cupies and Joe. It is basically a really cute chic coffee house built in their old stomping grounds. The cupcakes were delicious and I just enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere there.
Saturday we helped throw a baby BBQ for Dan, Meghan, and Little Ben on Saturday which was a lot of fun. We cooked out at Dan's moms house for about 30 of their closest friends. It was so fun to be included and we truly enjoyed haning out with everyone. We actually stayed there and I just admired her house all weekend long. She has such great taste and has tons of amazing artwork that tells a story. That night we had a wedding to go to, so of course we went to that, and of course my ride wanted to leave before cake. I told them as long as we could go back to Cupies and Joe I would be alright with it. So we headed back to Cupies and Joe and I tried yet another sampling of cupcakes. They were just SO yummy!
Sunday we headed off to church and then out to lunch to an Oklahoma pizza joint called Hideaway. They have all kinds of fun pizzas to try and it's just a fun atmosphere. They have one in Norman that we went to in college alot. It was fun to reminese on the good ole days.
Anyways all of that to say, we enjoyed our weekend with family and the fun foodie finds that we found. *tongue twister* We will be sure to visit them next time we're in town.
No comments:
Post a Comment