Monday, July 13, 2009

July 4th

For the fourth we decided to get out of dodge and spend some time with Chris' parents. It was so great to get away for a few days, and well needed that's for sure. We both got off early which was a huge plus since it is probably one of the busiest evenings for people traveling to their vacation spots. P.S. 121 isn't complete like we thought. :(

My goal for the weekend was to relax catch up on my magazines and eat all of Nancy's great food. Chris' goal for the weekend was to go fishing, and fishing he went every day twice a day. Chris and his dad headed out around 5:30 every morning and were back by 9:30am. They caught their limit both days, which is a crazy amount. Here are some pictures of all of the fish. Ty had a close encounter with one of them, he was really confused.



We, yes I said we... I even went fishing with them one evening to one of the neighbors ponds. Chris set me up with a pole and so I started to cast, meanwhile Chris caught two fish. He always does so good. All I was catching was the moss on the bottom of the pond and an occasional tree every now and then. But one time I cast it by these trees which is supposedly where the fish hide, or so Chris says. Anyways so I start reeling my line in and it feels kind of heavy, I think to myself, great I finally caught a fish! As my rod starts bending Chris is getting excited that I caught a larger fish... well it gets to the surface and guess what it was. Not a fish, not a boot, but a turtle. Yes, I foul hooked an innocent turtle, don't worry though he survived all 8 lbs of him. No pictures though, we were too busy trying to get the hook out and laughing our heads off.

On the fourth we ended up having our own little fish fry with the fish Chris and Bob had caught earlier in the weekend. The fish fry turned out great, then we headed out to the lake to watch some fireworks. We watched all of the different firework shows going off around the lake. I tell ya, if you've never watched fireworks from the lake, I reccommend it. Everybody has their own little show, and the house we were at had an amazing jam packed fireworks extravaganza. Here are some pictures... We tried like 5 times to get a picture as a family, however Chris' mom always shuts her eyes. So this was the last picture where she was really trying to keep them open.













No comments: