For Christmas this year we headed up to Denver to spend a week with Chris' family. We had a great time just relaxing and enjoying the white Christmas, even though it sounds like Dallas got one too. We enjoyed the constant snow for a few days and appreciated the warmth of Dan and Meghan's house along with all of the warm cozy clothes we packed.
I really haven't traveled by air too much so close to the holidays, I didn't really know what to expect. To my suprise the lines weren't crazy at all and we actually managed to get to our flight on time. Luckily the trip up there and back wasn't bad at all, much better than a 12 hour drive in the ice and snow, that's for sure.
This Christmas was a special one, we enjoyed celebrating it with the newest addition to the family, Mr. Ben. It was so fun to just watch him and be entertained by him all week long. It gave me confidence that Chris and I can handle a new born, Chris was a pro at burping him and putting him down, I just enjoyed watching him. And as I've been told "babies change your life"... who knew... The rest of the week was spent eating most of all, watching movies, and of course you can't have a holiday with the Shacks without destroying something. Chris, Dan, and Bob got to demolish/retrofit Dan and Meghan's front porch while trying to hang a porch swing for them. It looks great, and we can't wait to see the final product. Leave it up to Chris to start demoing something and then leave town...
On one of the last days up in Denver we got the chance to go sledding with another family from their church. It was a blast! I hadn't been sledding since I was super little and that was on a cardboard box at Angelfire. We enjoyed the fun trips down the hill and dreaded the up hill climb, but it was all worth it. We got some videos of it too, but I'll have to share those later since I haven't gotten those yet. Hope you and yours had a very Merry Christmas!


No comments:
Post a Comment