Thursday, December 10, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

I know I am a little behind in posting this, considering it's almost Christmas, but I'm trying to catch you up...This was the year that we decided to have Thanksgiving at our place. You know with the whole renovation we wanted show off what all we had accomplished as well as utilize the space we had retro-fitted. My mom and I spent a whole Saturday planning and shopping which was a lot of fun, who knew all of the little secrets to get things done and on the table. We took out all of our dishes and silverware which was super fun, at least for me. We’d only used it once before and that was on Valentine’s Day this year.

We ended up having my parents, my Nan, Chris’ parents and their friend Christine come over for Thanksgiving lunch. My mom and dad came over early in the morning to help start out the day and the morning just progressed without a hitch. Everything was on the table ready to be eaten at 1:15. Hey only 15 minutes late, not bad for my first time. So as Chris was carving the turkey like a great host he found that I actually didn’t get all of the “goodies” for lack of a better term out of the bird. Oops, but thank goodness it didn’t ruin the turkey.

We enjoyed our time with family and friends and had a lot to be thankful for this year, we are truly blessed. It was also fun to explain everything to Christine who is from China and over here at seminary for Christian counseling. For example, my favorite: Why do you call a turkey a bird? Response: "Because it’s a bird."

No comments: