Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Birdie Sling


Look at this cute birdie sling I found online… I have to admit that I've fallen in love with Amy Butler's fabrics. I'm planning on using her fabrics for our baby room and I can't wait to see it all come together.
I got the sling sewing pattern in the mail the other day and was so excited to try to give my sewing machine another whirl. I gave her a whirl when Chris and I first got married, it was quite comical, but that’s a story for another time. Did you catch that the word… “was” is located in that sentence. So I’ll tell it to you straight. I looked on line and the instructions said that it was considered to be a fairly simple aka an easy to intermediate sewing job, and look at it, it looked like it too.
I mean really, how hard could it be to make a purse? You just sew two flaps together and call it done, right… Oh but NO… so I proceed with opening up the templates and instructions only to find myself totally discouraged. It’s like theirs a totally different special sewing language. I needed a Tylenol and a drink after reading through it. (It’s a shame I’m pregnant, that drink was sounding like a good idea)
This sling idea quite possibly could be the hardest task I’ve set for myself in a really long time, but I like a challenge.

My goal: to finish this bag before our sweet little girl comes in May.
My hope: that I don’t have to beg one of our moms to do it for me.
My fear: I’ll just go online and buy a bag similar at http://www.etsy.com/

I’m not sure I’ll want to share with you what the final product looks like, but I’ll try to remember to send an update and be sure to commend the people who do this for a living.

1 comment:

Mom said...

This is something we can do together. Let's find some time to make this for you. Mom