Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Pinky did it...

So the other afternoon I was tackling our dishes so I could dirty some more trying to get dinner on the table for both Hayden and Chris and me. When suddenly I heard an interesting noise coming from the pantry's general direction and low and behold I look over and what do I see...

(Pinky did it mom... sure... right...)
At this point I've walked over and seen the disaster of brown rice everywhere. At least it's not flour like Chris spilt when he was a kid. I can handle rice and so can my vacuum, thankfully. I'm not mad at Hayden by any means, because it was my fault for leaving the pantry open. She's crying because either she thinks I'm upset with her or she's upset that pinky is stuck in the sea of brown rice. I honestly could not tell.

And then not even 5 minutes this is what I see...
Pinky was getting punished. Might need to have a talk with Hayden about the Lord's grace and mercy and how disciplining is a sign of our love, don't you think... we definitely don't cook the troublemaker, at least in this house. We don't do Hansle and Grettle style punishment. (spelling?)






No comments: