Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Challenge: Being Thankful

So I've seen a lot of my friends doing the 30 Day Challenge of Gratitude or Thanksgiving so here is the first week of the things I am personally thankful for. It's crazy how these things can be overlooked without a silly checklist. It has been a good reminder to see how faithful the Lord is even in the small things. I will try to post the next few days next week.

Day 1:Favorite Food: Although most of you know that my favorite foods would be chocolate or Mexican food. I was reminded that I need to be thankful for the needful food the Lord has provided me and my family. I am so thankful for His provisions.

Day 2: Smile: Her smile can light up any room. She is a joy to be around. I wonder if she'll need braces down the road like Dad or if she won't have to have them line me. Praying for the latter, but we will love her the same.

Day 3: Happiness: She makes me happy daily, even in the struggles she always seems to make me laugh. Love her so much. (Look at all of that PINK)

Day 4: Leaves: This was such a simple reminder to go exploring the outdoors with Hayden and to cherish the season of Fall. (I don't think our leaves changed colors until Day 8, but o well:))

Day 5: Morning Sky: Was reminded the other day that the rainbow signifies the Lord's promise to never destroy the world again by a flood. Learned the scripture reference is in Genesis 9:13 " I have set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be a sign of the covenant between me and the earth." Love that the Lord is revealing simple reminders to me and I'm excited to refer back to that when Hayden asks about rainbows.

Day 6: Books: I am currently involved in a bible study regarding the fruit of the Spirit. The Lord has been so faithful throughout this study. I will finish the 10 week course next Monday. I am so encouraged by the fruit of the Spirit that has been given to me with my acceptance of Christ as my savior. One thing that I have learned from the study is that I can not exhibit these qualities in their entirety without the help of the Holy Spirit. I have learned alot about my self and a lot about God in this study. Galatians 5: 22-24 " But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. And those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires."

Day 7: Something Funny: Now this probably doesn't seem like something funny but I think it is so funny that one of Hayden's favorite places to go is to Lowes or Home Depot. I love that she shares just as much excitement as Chris does in going. It is truly a great place to go explore. Trust me we've had many adventures during this bathroom remodel. (More on that in another post)
Day 8: Favorite Color: My favorite color is chartreuse or really any shade of green. Even though if you've been reading this blog throughout the summer a Teal/Peacock blue has given it a run for it's money. These are one of my favorite pairs of shoes. I call them my Vegas shoes since that's where I picked them up. I think I will cry if something every happens to them or if they randomly don't fit one day.
Day 9: Inspiring Person: Hayden inspires me daily. She has already taught me so much about myself and continues to bring me sanctification, it is astonishing what a little one can do. She has taught me so much about love, joy and hope. It makes me wonder even how much more our Creator loves each and everyone of us.

No comments: