
So the other day I was just sitting at my desk and decided to take one of my 5 minute “smoke” breaks. (Even though I don’t smoke J I just figure I deserve a break too ya know…) Anyways so I turned around and started talking with some of my co- workers; Oh you know about anything really, what we did the night before, what we were doing this weekend, etc. And you probably will have to understand that we work in an open office setup so all six of us are in the same “pod” so to speak. Well my co-worker Greg was off somewhere so it was just Rita, Sara, and I. So we were being Chatty Cathy’s and talking away and throughout our conversation I hear this crackling over by Greg’s desk. Mind you that he isn’t there, nor is anyone close to his desk. I just brush it off and continue with conversation.
So anyways I didn’t think much of it and ended my “smoke” break and got back to work. Well Greg finally came back to his desk and we were all working away and Greg reached into one of his drawers to get a snack, and he noticed that a mouse had eaten not 1, not 2, and YES not 3, BUT 4 ENTIRE South Beach bars which are the equivalent of a large granola bar. The mouse had even eaten the wrappers on each of the bars. It was hilarious and kind of gross at the same time. So we figured that was the crackling sound that we had heard earlier during our “break”. They had gone to town on his crackers and graham crackers, it was hilarious.
Needless to say Greg changed his snack location to a more secure area, nothing’s safe anymore. We ended up leaving the crackers to set a trap and try to entice the mouse to come back. One of the guys came down and actually set a mouse trap within Greg’s drawer. PS. I hate mouse traps ever since I trapped every single one of my fingers in one at least once during a stupid Physic s project in high school. Still bitter…That’s beside the point. Anyways the trap we set had the most fake looking cheese in it… any mouse that was going for that cheese must have been starving. So not 30 minutes passed and we were all diligently work at our computers and SNAP, we all looked at each other and ran out of the pod. Now I bet you are thinking to yourself mice are fast and I would have to agree with you but with 4 South Beach bars in its belly I can’t blame him for being slow and getting caught. All that being said we have caught two mice in Greg’s little snack drawer, you think they would learn. It has made for a hilarious afternoon in the office; I think they have learned their lesson. Here’s to fun times at work.
1 comment:
Ewwwww...mice
Post a Comment