Everyone knows that with every new year comes New Year’s Resolutions, but we all know that that just sets you up for failure. Am I right? Of course I’m right. Well I figured I would start out 2009 with a list of goals that I want to achieve this year, so here we go…
1) I would like to not procrastinate as much this year as I did last year. I think I will be more productive and happy with what all I can accomplish if I put my mind to it.
2) Chris and I are trying to live a healthier lifestyle which includes healthier food habits, workout habits, etc. I read an article last year about health that had a really interesting perspective. It was this lady who was explaining why she lives the way she does with working out and living a healthy lifestyle, her response was… (paraphrased) “I want to live a healthy life now and make it a habit, so I can not only be here to watch my kids grow up and live great lives but my grandchildren.” I think that’s so true, and now that I have witnessed firsthand the joy my nephew brings to my sister, my parents and the rest of our family I think this is something to strive for. Be looking for another post about Boot Camp sometime soon.
3) Make our house our own. I know it takes a heap of living in a house to make it your own, but I’m ready for it to not look like the old ladies house that lived here before us. I am ready to put my own twist on things… Even though I have design struggles sometimes, I know you are thinking an Interior Designer having issues designing her own house, but it’s true. I think it’s because I know what’s all out there and it’s hard to pick just one look and mix looks to make it look like a designers home. Just the stress of that wears on me. We are planning on doing a half of the house overhaul here in a couple of months, more on that to come your way soon.
4) At church for the past couple of weeks our Pastor has been talking about not being in the same place spiritually this time next year. And he mentions all the time that he wants our church to grow deep and not wide. Here a few links for the past couple of sermons, I would highly recommend them. http://www.thevillagechurch.net/resources/sermons.html and you can check out his blog too http://dwelldeep.net/?p=44 So I want to set a goal that I will challenge my faith and try to learn more about my Savior and the reasoning behind some of our beliefs. I have a hard time of relating to people at work sometime and sharing my faith, so by this time next year I hope that I would be able to communicate these things to them with courage and confidence.
Hopefully this time next year or for that matter by February, March or April hopefully I will have already achieved some of this stuff.
No comments:
Post a Comment