Thursday, January 8, 2009

Christmas...Recap



Our Christmas was amazing this year, we got to spend it with my family. My sister and brother-in-law and nephew came into town which was such a fun experience. We didn’t do a whole lot which was nice to just relax and enjoy family. Christmas Eve we both got off from work early which was a nice treat, although there  was no traffic going to and from work since everyone else in the world seemed to have Christmas Eve off. We decided to open our presents to each other on Christmas eve since we were going to my parents Christmas morning. Giving gifts is one of our favorite things to do. We just relaxed the rest of the afternoon and finished up any last minute gift wrapping, then we headed off to our church Christmas Eve service. The Village only had three services and we were going to the last one at 7:00, and we barely made it in. They had to turn people away which is always hard to do especially on Christmas Eve. The service was great, I love hearing all of the Christmas music especially at our church where they like to mix things up a little bit. The message was short and sweet and then we of course did the whole candle lighting, which is always such a pretty sight. We then headed back home and hung out for a bit.

Christmas morning we woke up early in order to get over to my parents by the time Grant woke up. We didn’t want them waiting on us, so we packed up the pups and all the gifts and headed over to my parents. We got there and settled in, Justin and Val are starting the tradition to read the story of the birth of Jesus Christmas morning before opening gifts. I thought this was a great idea and a great reminder of the reason for the season. We enjoyed the gift giving and getting and the chance to see and hold Grant. He is a big boy now he was 4 months old on Christmas Day. Our entertainment was his tummy time and watching him role over and seeing his smiles. He is a very happy camper most of the time. My Aunt, Uncle, and cousins ended up coming over for a late lunch, we had a great Ham dinner and it was super tasty. We then proceeded to play games and we watched Wall-E apparently I missed that bus, but everyone in my family except for Chris and I got this movie for Christmas this year. It was a cute movie, but I didn’t get to see it all since I volunteer to help Val with Grant’s bath time. He was such a great little guy in the bath tub so happy all the time. I will have to post some pictures of him soon. He is getting quite the personality.

The day after Christmas I had the day off so I slept in as long as the dogs would let me and then I made my way to the 70% off sale at Crate and Barrel. It was pure chaos in there, let me tell you. I think I will wait and go the day after the day after Christmas from now on. They had the exact same stuff the following day. Then I just went home and relaxed. It was a great day off, and all I could think about was our upcoming renovation to our house. I tried to get everything in order since we were having 10 people over for dinner Saturday. My grandparents were flying in for the week, so we had them over along with my parents and Valerie, Justin, & Grant as well as the Shacks came over too. It was a great dinner and we just enjoyed being with family and spending time catching up on life over a couple of games.

Christmas was great, we enjoyed this year and can’t wait to see what next year brings.

No comments: